Tis the season to plan for 2024. To start the new year with a bang, your business needs to have a plan in place. Now is the time to think about it.
“It can be really hard to plan ahead when you’re in the thick of it,” says AB Partner Henry Sanford. “As Christmas approaches, so do end-of-year deadlines, staff reviews, and last-minute budgeting. It’s hard, we know – we’re juggling it all ourselves! But taking a little time now to step away from the day-to-day and make a plan for 2024 can help to save you a lot of pain and delays in January.”
A business plan for 2024 can help to put your business in the best possible position for a strong year ahead. It’s important to know what your aims are, what targets you need to hit, and what areas you plan to focus on.
Things to think about when you’re planning for 2024
- What has gone well recently? What didn’t go as planned? Think about the lessons you can learn from 2023 to make 2024 even better.
- What are your main goals, targets and aspirations for the business? What steps can you take to help you get there?
- What has changed in your market, sector or among your competitors? Take some time to review the bigger picture. If your customers’ wants and needs have changed, you’ll need to think about how your business can adapt.
- What are you missing that could boost your business? It might be skills, staff, technology or something completely unique to you. If there’s a missing ingredient, now’s the time to work out how to get it.
- It’s okay if you don’t feel able to plan out the next 12 months in detail. Things change, and that’s to be expected. Focus on the details for the first quarter at least and make time to come back and review the plan every month or so.
Teamwork can help
The more minds you can share the planning process with, the more diverse ideas and solutions you can build. Bring your teams along with you to ensure everyone knows the plan and is energised and enthused to get the work done.
2024 is going to be your year, we can feel it! Just don’t let it sneak up on you – get your planning done now.
If you’d like to organise a planning session for your business, get in touch and let’s see how we can help.