Research in Practice
Research in Practice (RiP) helps organisations, teams and individuals to access and understand evidence and apply it to their work with children, young people and families. They needed a new website that offered a better user experience and more advanced functionality.
To deliver a replacement website with improved user experience and superior functionality. We were commissioned to:
- develop bespoke API to integrate data from CRM system
- provide ecommerce for resources
- integrate OpenAthens identity and access management software
- accommodate complex user groups (around 20) and permissions that tailor website content such as product prices and page / functionality access
- create a bespoke user tracking and reporting facility, to allow the client and their partner organisations different access levels to the site-usage data
- design for a range of content including publications, policy updates, case law summaries, a blog, news, e-learning and a forum
- include training and events booking with pre and post resources
- enable integrated newsletter subscriptions.
The complexities of this highly bespoke project required an extensive ‘discover and plan’ phase. We held multiple workshops with a large number of stakeholders to understand the ambitions for the website and define the technical requirements.
This work included designing sitemaps and wireframes alongside UI, UX and design considerations. We created a functionality overview document defining exactly what we would build. We conducted migration planning and agreed the Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) requirements.
We created a safe, secure, GDPR-compliant system with enhanced functionality. This has allowed the RiP team to work more effectively. The website has provided the members with greater learning opportunities in a user-friendly way. The data can now be used to tailor content and provide further opportunities for RiP.
Following the success of the new website, we were asked to replace the sister website ripfa.org.uk using a shared code base from rip.org.uk. RiP also asked us to take over the management and future development of the bespoke CRM system.
We added data visualisation using Google Charts and various reporting screens. These were designed to improve the visibility of user engagement, highlight memberships that are about to lapse and help demonstrate the value of membership. This will reduce membership churn rates and increase membership renewals.