Head of Strategy
We’re looking for a Head of Strategy to play a key role in growing AB. We work with local and international clients to help them unleash positive change and unlock Better Growth. Growth that balances short-term objectives with long-term success. We find the opportunities that build stronger brands, positive experiences and better businesses for everyone.
AB is a brand and marketing agency, our HQ is in Exeter and we have a London office. We work across numerous sectors including aviation, technology, engineering, education, tourism, food and beverages and more.
As Head of Strategy you will be responsible for shaping and leading the strategy practice at AB. Along with other members of the Senior Management Team (SMT) you’ll work closely with the Partners to drive the business forward, delivering great work and building trusted relationships with clients, as well as fostering a creative and productive environment for the team.
- Give direction to marketing and advertising projects and work closely with the creative team to ensure solutions will solve real problems for our clients
- Ambition to grow ongoing relationships with clients – not just project based
- Collaborate with clients to understand their business challenges and opportunities and to help identify and prioritise their near and long term goals
- Share latest strategy thinking and best practise with the AB team
- Build our reputation for strategic thinking that punches above our weight
- Develop a rolling 12-month plan to grow AB’s strategy offer and reputation
- Solve complex brand problems in original ways
- Lead on brand and innovation programmes
- Create proprietary tools and methods that turbo-charge our strategic offering
- Contribute significantly to the reputation of our business through knowledge creation, opinion and industry presence (e.g. presentations at events, blog writing on a regular basis)
- Be a keen team player, getting the best out of the team, helping departments to work well together, and creating opportunities for all team members to stretch their skills
- Play a significant role in generating and winning new business
In return, you’ll get
- The freedom to set the direction for the team (in alignment with the overall ambitions of the agency) and grow the offer
- The support of the Partners and SMT to build the strategic capabilities of AB
- An annual training budget to grow and develop yourself and the team
- Has 5+ years in a world-class consulting environment, ideally within brand, innovation and/or advertising. Alternatively, you may be working for an ambitious company, looking to make the transition into an agency environment
- Has a proven track record in developing and transforming brands of all sizes
- Is fluent in all core disciplines of brand strategy and has a good understanding of customer experience, brand culture development, product & service innovation
- Is a confident decision maker, who leads the journey with optimism and a clear eye on the destination
- Is as brilliant in structuring analysis, as at generating big ideas and finding the expression to bring them to life
- Demonstrates an ability to build relationships with senior level clients and lead them through complex moments of change
- Thrives on making complex challenges as simple as possible with clear implications for moving forward
- Can design and lead workshops with senior stakeholders
- Has outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Is persuasive in all situations, able to help clients take risks
- Is able to work without a brief and provides unscripted strategic counsel—can ‘think on their feet’ without disrupting strategic direction
- Challenges client thinking appropriately
We take good care of our staff. You’ll be eligible for:
- Competitive salary that reflects your experience
- Work place Pension
- Bespoke training and career development plan
- Flexible working hours with hybrid working between home and office
- Wellbeing benefits and Mental Health support
- A Curiosity Day – an extra day-off a year to be curious and explore something new
- Access to conferences and events
- Free beer Fridays – and more!
How to apply
Please send your CV plus a covering letter of how you’re going to add real value to Ed Burnand at [email protected] with the reference, HoS.
We celebrate diversity and we want our team to reflect the variety of clients we serve. We offer equal opportunities to everyone, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, or sexual orientation.