Digital Marketing Manager – Paid Media
Do you have expert skills in paid media? We’re all about better growth for businesses and we’re looking for a Digital Marketing Manager who specialises in paid media and programmatic ads to join our team.
Are you ready to work under your own initiative while enjoying the support of a highly skilled and friendly team? Get to use your expertise to drive satisfying growth and help us expand our paid media offer.
Welcome to AB, we’ve got your next digital marketing job.
This is a hands-on role, so you’ll be able to see the fruits of your labour as you watch traffic, engagement and conversions soar.
- Lead on a range of paid media client projects including media planning, ad creation, copywriting and implementation
- Be able to apply strategic thinking to a client brief in order to develop digital marketing campaign activities that deliver exceptional ROI
- Execute a range of digital marketing tactics and identify opportunities for improvement as audience behaviours evolve
- Work within digital marketing best practice
- Deliver insights to the client by transforming complexity into clarity.
Reporting to Sarah Sennett, Head of Digital Marketing & Strategy, you’ll work closely with our creative and account management (AM) teams to produce exceptional work that’s on brief and captures the imagination of the audience. And if you’ve got a great idea for our own marketing, we’re all ears.
This role calls for a natural multi-tasker with a strong eye for detail because your day-to-day role will be taking ownership of digital marketing campaigns, liaising with clients supported by the AM team and ensuring campaigns are delivered to the highest standards.
Our HQ is in Exeter, UK and you’ll probably need to be there on occasion, but we’re open to you being located anywhere. You can expect to attend calls at set times for client / internal meetings, but other than that we’re open to a flexible working routine. We’re also open to considering this as freelance / short-term contract / job share role. If you’ve got the skills, we can talk about making it work for you.
The package and benefits
We’ll take good care of you:
- Competitive pay that reflects your experience
- Workplace pension (status dependent)
- Tailored training opportunities and career development
- Team social events
- AB buddy who will help you settle in.
We’d also usually offer a range of in-person benefits, such as tickets to conferences, free beer Fridays, Summer and Christmas socials but we’ve having to adapt those into virtual experiences this year.
Most of all, we’re a friendly team and we all support each other to do our best work.
You need to be a specialist in paid media delivery to succeed in this role. Programmatic ads, dynamic creative optimisation, PPC and social media ad management need to be top of your list of competencies. You may have used DSPs such as Tabmo, MiQ, Admedo or Zemanta and obviously you’ll be fully conversant in Google Ads and Google Marketing Platform.
You will need to be equally confident delivering lead generation ads for our B2B clients as you are in an ecommerce arena optimising for AOV or ROAS.
Any of these experiences will get you to the top of the shortlist:
- Achieved outstanding results for a campaign in more than one language/region outside the UK.
- Worked in the paid media team of a large network agency.
- In-house experience within the digital marketing team at a global brand.
We expect you’ll have around 2 – 4 years’ experience as a digital marketer in paid media, but skills are more important than years served. Previous agency experience is highly desirable but not essential. However, being comfortable managing multiple projects and competing priorities is essential.
It’s extremely important that you’re able to work under your own initiative and within the client brief, but you’ll need to be an excellent communicator in order to keep the rest of the team up to speed. Being fluent in written and spoken English is essential.
Our ideal person is also:
- Naturally curious and always seeking to optimise and improve the performance of our clients’ campaigns
- Confident working in a collaborative way and managing several projects at once
- Enjoys keeping up-to-date with the latest developments in digital
- Is Google Analytics and Google Ads certified or willing to undertake them.
How to apply
We’re looking for exceptional individuals, so when you apply make sure you’re really showcasing why you’re perfect for this role. Please send your CV and a note including links to work that you’re proud of and that demonstrates your skills.
To apply, please email Sarah Sennett, Head of Digital Marketing.
While we endeavour to get back to every individual who applies, if you haven’t heard from us within 14 working days please assume you’ve been unsuccessful at this time.
Please, no recruiters.