Business Development Manager – Exeter
AB is a full-service creative agency. We work with our clients to make them the best they can be. Our HQ is in Exeter and we have a London office. We work across various sectors including aviation, technology, engineering, education, tourism, food and beverages and more.
We’re looking for a brilliant Business Development Manager to work in Exeter. You will partner with our creative teams (brand, digital marketing, film, data and web development) to identify opportunities that match AB’s offering with client needs.
Reporting to AB Partner Ed Burnand, you will play a vital role in AB’s sales and marketing strategy.
This is a great opportunity to work in Exeter as part of a driven, fun, creative team, with a very clear growth target.
In this role, you will be required to:
- Find and generate new business to match our creative and business goals
- Build and develop relationships with potential clients
- Pursue and close new business and revenue streams
- Work with the Senior Management Team (SMT) to assess interesting, creative opportunities in the UK and further afield
- Provide the SMT with regular reports and feedback
- Skilfully articulate and present AB’s services to potential clients
- Create and conduct face-to-face client presentations and proposals
- Co-ordinate all aspects of the sale from start to finish
- Oversee an internal CRM system (of new/existing/potential clients)
- Execute a range of marketing tactics and identify opportunities for improvement as our services evolve and clients’ needs change
- Contribute to AB’s digital channels to keep them up-to-date and relevant.
We’ll take good care of you and the right package will be agreed with the right candidate. You’ll benefit from:
- A salary that reflects the market-rate and your experience
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Training and career development
- A ‘curiosity day’ every year to explore something new
- Access to relevant conferences and events e.g. Brighton SEO
- Team social events
- An AB buddy who will help you settle in
- The option to join AB’s running club.
The skills & experience
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Good business sense
- To be target driven
- A firm grasp of marketing
- Good communication skills
- Excellent networking skills
- A positive attitude
- Negotiation skills
- Plenty of initiative
- To work collaboratively with both internal and external teams
- To enjoy keeping up-to-date with the latest marketing developments.
You will demonstrate a combination of business savvy, marketing expertise, and relationship-building skills with both internal stakeholders and clients. You’ll love networking, public speaking and presenting.
We celebrate diversity and we want our team to reflect the variety of clients we serve. We offer equal opportunities to everyone, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
- You have worked in an acquisition, consultative sales or marketing role for at least two years, with experience of working on acquiring new clients or business from quotation stage through to successful completion
- Ideally, you have a degree or industry-based vocational qualifications
- You need to be able to work remotely and from home – we’ll supply a laptop to work on
- You should be prepared to travel as and when required
- You’ll be happy to spend the occasional overnight stay away from home.
Ready to apply?
Great! Send a covering letter introducing yourself and your CV to our Office Manager Dani Alexander.