Business Development Director
We’re looking for a self-motivated Business Development Director (BDD) to play a key role in growing the agency. Here at AB we exist to help businesses grow, balancing short term wins with long term success. You will need the ability to identify and engage with relevant businesses with whom we can develop long-lasting relationships. This is a very exciting opportunity to work with a driven, fun and ambitious team. We’re open to this role being full or part-time.
AB is a brand and marketing agency. We work with our clients to make them the best they can be. Our HQ is in Exeter and we have a London office. We work across numerous sectors including aviation, technology, engineering, education, tourism, food and beverages and more.
We’re looking for an inspiring Business Development Director. You will partner with our creative teams (brand, digital marketing, strategy, film, data and web development) to identify opportunities that match AB’s offering with client needs.
- Play a vital role in delivering AB’s sales and marketing strategy
- Find and generate new business to match our growth ambitions
- Build and develop relationships with potential clients
- Pursue and close new business and revenue streams
- Work with the Senior Management Team (SMT) to assess opportunities in the UK and further afield
- Provide the SMT with regular reports and feedback
- Skilfully articulate and present AB’s services to potential clients
- Create and conduct face-to-face client presentations and proposals
- Co-ordinate all aspects of the sale from start to finish
- Execute a range of marketing tactics and identify opportunities for improvement as our services evolve and clients’ needs change.
We take good care of our staff. You’ll be eligible for:
- Competitive salary that reflects your experience
- Training and career development
- A Curiosity Day – an extra day-off a year to be curious and explore something new
- Access to conferences and events
- Free beer Fridays – and more!
- Ideally you will have worked in an acquisition, consultative sales or marketing role for at least two years, with experience of working on acquiring new clients or business from quotation stage through to successful completion
- Good business sense
- To be target driven
- A firm grasp of marketing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A positive attitude
- Negotiation skills
- You will demonstrate a combination of business savvy, marketing expertise, and relationship-building skills with both internal stakeholders and clients. You’ll love networking, public speaking and presenting.
- You need to be able to work remotely and from home – we’ll supply a laptop to work on.
How to apply
Please send your CV plus a covering letter of how you’re going to add real value to Ed Burnand at [email protected] with the reference, BDD.
We celebrate diversity and we want our team to reflect the variety of clients we serve. We offer equal opportunities to everyone, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, or sexual orientation.