Account Director – Maternity Cover
We’re looking for a brilliant Account Director to take a lead role in our clients’ brand and advertising strategies. We’re all about better growth for businesses and we’re looking for an Account Director to join our team in January.
You will need to show leadership and the ability to grab a client’s business by the scruff of its neck, make clear recommendations, simplify the issues and challenge appropriately to deliver what the client needs to grow. This is a very exciting opportunity to work with a driven, fun and ambitious team.
AB is a brand and marketing agency. We work across multiple sectors including engineering, technology, aviation, education, tourism, food and beverages, and more.
Our HQ is in Exeter and you’ll probably need to be there on occasion, but we’re open to you being located anywhere. You can expect to attend calls at set times for client / internal meetings, but other than that we’re open to a flexible working routine.
- Taking a lead in clients’ brand and advertising strategies
- Liaising with clients at a senior level on a day-to-day basis
- Ensuring that all work developed and presented is relevant, on brief and in keeping with the client’s brand objectives
- Promoting business growth with existing clients
- Being part of the new business team to grow new clients for the whole agency
- Completing projects to a specific schedule and within an agreed budget
- Using your skills to grow clients, and the agency, creatively and strategically
Package and Benefits
- Competitive pay that reflects your experience
- Workplace pension (status dependent)
- Tailored training opportunities and career development
- Team social events
- AB buddy who will help you settle in.
We’d also usually offer a range of in-person benefits, such as tickets to conferences, free beer Fridays, Summer and Christmas socials but we’ve having to adapt those into virtual experiences this year.
Most of all, we’re a friendly team and we all support each other to do our best work.
We celebrate diversity and we want our team to reflect the variety of clients we serve. We offer equal opportunities to everyone, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation.
- Ideally an Account Director currently working in a brand or advertising agency
- Strong client manager with a keen commercial acumen – you’ll be polished and confident when presenting and pitching to clients
- A real understanding of AB’s growth expertise including Planning, Branding, Digital, Marketing, Advertising and Film
- The ability to inspire, motivate and work collaboratively with the AB team to provide clients with a comprehensive, consistent and cohesive agency effort
- Brilliantly organised, a natural networker, instinctively collaborative and an outstanding communicator to ensure that specialists within AB are used at the right time and in the right way
- Curious about everything and with the confidence and knowledge of knowing where and when to dig further and when to bring in other experts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A keen attention to detail and budgetary restraints
- Full awareness of creative processes and techniques – including digital platforms.
How to apply
Please send your CV, plus a covering letter of how you’re going to add real value, to Ed Burnand at [email protected] with the reference Account Director.