BY: ROSALIND KNIGHT
It’s that time again: you need to publish another blog article. It feels like you only just wrote the last one but the content monster is hungry once more. You need to come up with a fresh new concept that matches your content strategy (if you’re lucky enough to work somewhere that has one!) Use our 2023 content calendar to plan useful, relevant, interesting content that keeps your boss, your audiences and the content monster happy.
The benefits of a content calendar
Whether it’s for social media, web or print, content calendars help you plan, schedule and create a strategy behind your content. Like your to-do list for tasks, your content calendar will be a way to organise your content.
Key dates in the calendar act as ‘hooks’ to hang your content on. Creating and scheduling content based on dates that are relevant to your industry creates resonance for your audience. Rather than broadcasting news, you’re participating in the conversations that your audience are already having.
Just make sure you jump on the dates that are relevant to your business, audience, values and objectives – and steer clear from events that definitely aren’t.
Key dates and events for 2023
Our content calendar lists key dates to consider for your 2023 content plan. Get planning your marketing and awareness-raising activities for events such as World Chocolate Day (7th July) or World Social Media Day (30th June) – if these are relevant to your audience and objectives, of course.
Here are just a few of the events that you’ll find featured in the content calendar:
- World Book Day: 2nd March
- World Health Day: 7th April
- The coronation of His Majesty King Charles III: 6th May
- International Nurses Day: 12th May
- International Day of Friendship: 30th July
- World Tourism Day: 27th September
- World Vegan Day: 1st November
Your content calendar
You can add extra details to the content calendar to personalise it to your business. These include:
- Company or industry-related events
- Deadlines for ad designs, sales you are holding or offers that you wish to promote
- Holidays or other key events that may affect your target audiences’ buying or browsing habits.
Download the free 2023 content calendar to begin organising and creating your content for 2023.